Monday, November 21, 2011


Cut, stacked and numbered. I’m glad that pine is easier to lift when it dries out!

You can plan on screwing up a few beams but we did pretty well. I did end up losing my concentration and cutting a mortise longer than called for. In that case, an easy fix was to fit a block of wood to fill the hole and hide the mistake. The beam is still functional and it will take you all day to find it in the barn after I rubbed a little dirt on it to blend the seam! You should figure on some spare timbers in case you make a big oops or in case a bunch of ants crawl out of a cut you made like happened to us.


Post a Comment

<< Home